Most of us consider Marijuana as something that is mostly used by only drug addicts. However, you will be surprised to learn that it has been approved for medical usage too. It has also been approved for recreational usage in Colorado and Washington respectively. People’s views are now changing towards Marijuana so is its legal status. However, it is also a fact that Marijuana can pose health as well as developmental risks for any adults and also for teenagers.
Marijuana can play havoc in developing brains particularly those who are young. Since at this age they need better memory, learning capacity and better IQ, if they become addicted to this drug then it can prove to be very harmful for them. Following are few facts of Marijuana that can never be denied.
- If someone smokes Marijuana then within 2 weeks it can damage the brain of any developing embryo.
- As compared to usual tobacco smoking, Marijuana smoking has got 50 to 70 per cent more carcinogenic hydrocarbons in it.
- Regular use of Marijuana can increase the risk of psychosis
- It can also be potential cause of lung complication and bronchitis
- Marijuana that one can get from street may contain many other dangerous substances like crack, cocaine, embalming fluid or PCP.
Marijuana is also known as Grass, Ganja, Weed, Reefer, Pot, Jane, Mary, Nail, Roach and Joint etc. you can easily detect people who are taking marijuana regularly with the following symptoms.
- Appetite is stimulated
- Attention span is diminished
- Eyes turn red
- Coordination is impaired
- Behaving silly or giddy
- Memory becomes weak
When the person smokes Marijuana then tetrahydrocannabinol, which is also called THC reaches his lungs and then from there it enters into heart that pumps into the bloodstream and from there it reaches to the brain. Within few minutes after smoking Marijuana the THC reaches the brain. However, if marijuana is eaten then it takes little longer time to reach the brain as it has to pass through our digestive system.
Once the effect of Marijuana reaches brain, the THC activates the receptors and the person gets the feeling of high. The marijuana in fact changes the chemical and physical balance of our brain and as a result we get the high feeling. When the person gets totally addicted to Marijuana then it can only be treated from any center of rehab Las Vegas NV.
What is Marijuana High?
The effect of Marijuana can be depressant to hallucinogen. The effect will start within few minutes and last for 2 to 3 hours. It can affect the person differently based on following –
- The personality, weight and mood
- The amount of marijuana taken and also if any other things are mixed with it
- The environment where the marijuana is consumed.
Marijuana high develops in two phases. Initially, the person feels giddiness and then sedation and pleasant tranquility. Person becomes ultrasensitive to any sight and sounds. Some people may feel drowsiness and some may feel great anxiety and paranoia.